1/21/20

 Today is the last day in California and boy, has it been one amazing experience. We got to tour places and meet people I never thought I...

Friday, January 10, 2020

1/10/20

Having a full day dedicated to MOM and not the woman who birthed me, but the show shot at Warner Brothers Studios, MOM was by far the coolest, interesting, fun and informative experience yet! 
Observing behind the scenes consisted of over 200 crew/staff apart of this particular episode. From watching the director tune in on what he think was a good take and how he envisioned it. Re-writing the script and trying something new or different than before. You had the set designers who helped when the sets needed to change a little and the make-up artists for each of the cast members before their next appearance in-front of the camera. 
I watched how the camera team works together to create a story that didn't just flow through the characters dialogue but the intensity of the camera angles and shots. Having three men on on camera at a time blew my mind and never occurred to me.
 I overheard the lingo and the way the staff talked to each other and then how the cast talked. While learning all this about the way a production process works I got to be interactive in the audience, since the TV series MOM is a sitcom. 
I laughed, people danced, the crowd got competitive and the night grew intimate. I think what really worked was the host in the crowd with us, got the audience pumped up and full of energy, rather than tired and bored of sitting for hours rewatching scenes being shot multiple times! 
Some more information that I learned was sitcoms have real audience laughs and not generated ones, the entire staff is ALWAYS doing something as soon as they yell cut. The Director was very involved, along with the AD, which was right on the floor with the camera crew and cast! 

The show MOM stars Anna Faris as Christy Plunkett and her mother Bonnie Plunkett played by Allison Janney who are both recovering alcoholics who attend alcoholics anonymous meetings. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're learning a ton in Hollywood. PA Boot Camp is certainly not for the faint of heart. However, many senior people in the industry started as PAs. By far the absolute best way to learn the business and set yourself up for success. Keep up the great work! Ed

    ReplyDelete